rossrichdale

Ross Richdale's Novels

I am a New Zealander and the author of over forty novels, contemporary, historical and science fiction. Latest news and pictures about my books will be brought to you here.

Our family saga covering a century of time.
Our family saga covering a century of time.

Liberty and Opportunity is a family saga that centres around four forthright women, spans five generations, three continents and two world wars throughout the twentieth century.

It starts in New Zealand when Nicole receives an ancient diary from her Canadian grandmother, Cindy. It begins in 1898 with Amanda's elopement with her beloved Jack and her struggle to survive away from her domineering father in Washington State. The two begin a new life in Vancouver, Canada where she develops a publishing empire.

Daughter, Dorothy is a nurse serving in England who falls in love with a soldier charged with desertion from the trenches in the Western Front in World War 1. Will he be court-martialled and shot?

In World War 11, Cindy is a Land Girl in war torn England and tragedy strikes their family.

Each period in time is filled with drama, joy and sometimes tragedy, but illustrates the determination of each woman to enrich her life through love of families and a liberal outlook on life.

Amazon $2.99